PUBG is a heavy video game and requires a lot of storage space, RAM, and makes the processor run like an athlete, both in a PC and mobile. An average user usually does not know what to do and ends up playing the game while it lags. Even if you have a powerful PC or a mobile, it can still make the game lag if you are not careful. Here, we will be discussing steps to make PUBG run the fastest on your device. Let us start with the PC version.
Is PUBG Running Slow? These Are The Settings You Should Apply To Make It Run The Fastest!
Best Settings For PUBG PC:
- As PUBG for PC is a game run on steam, you should use some useful game launch options to ease the load. Go to ‘Library’, right-click on the game title and click on ‘Properties’. Below the ‘General’ tab select the ‘Set launch options’ button. Enter some commands and separate each command with space and close the tab.
- Considering most of you play on Windows, go to ‘Start’, the search for ‘Advanced System Settings’, go to ‘Performance’, then click on ‘Best for Performance’ to choose the settings that are best for your PC. It might decrease the quality of some things a little but will greatly boost your performance.
- You can also go to the settings of your GPU and experiment with them a little bit to see what options suit your computer the best.
- In-game, you should be careful of what settings you need to be ‘high’ and what settings you need to be ‘low’. Your ‘screen scaling’ should be between 100-103, ‘Anti-aliasing’ should be low, ‘Post-processing’ should be low, ‘Shadows’ should be very low, ‘Textures’ should be either high or medium (low if you have a really slow PC), ‘Effects’ should be very low, ‘Foliage’ should be very low, ‘View Distance’ should be very low, and ‘Motion Blur’ should be off.
- You must always have ‘V-Sync’ off because it caps your FPS to 60. You should always have the maximum number of ‘frames per second’ to make the game run smoother and faster’. Capping FPS would only make the game slower and nothing else.
- Other than that, you can try changing to a lower resolution. Many professional players actually use lower resolutions because it makes the game run much faster than before. Although you should not go too low, try resorting to a lower resolution for a change.
- You can try closing all the background applications to make the game run faster. This trick can work surprisingly well for older PCs. But if you have a PC with lots of RAM, this will not work most of the time.
- Lastly, try installing the latest drivers on your PC. Occasionally, old drivers cannot cope up with the latest requirements.
Best Game Settings For PUBG Mobile:
- It is safe to say that it is not much you can do to make PUBG run faster on a mobile device.
- First things first, you change the game settings of PUBG. In short, you should turn every setting to either ‘low’ or ‘very low’ except the ‘FPS’ section to enjoy the maximum speed. As mentioned earlier, you do not want to lower your frames per second. So, keep the FPS at its highest setting.
- Other than that, you can try to remove all apps from your RAM before starting the game. As PUBG is a high resource-demanding game, low-end phones might work better after removing apps from the RAM. This trick will not work with phones that have more than 6GB of RAM.
- If you can overclock the CPU in a rooted device, try doing that too. Sometimes, it does work but sometimes, it does not work at all.
How Fast Did You Make PUBG Run?
If you were able to make PUBG run better, hooray! If not, then there’s no need to be sad either. Most devices have performance limitations that cannot be exceeded anyhow. There a couple of things you can experiment with but other than that, it is best to get a better device if you really want performance improvements. We hope you have a great gaming experience!