There is a certain dilemma that users face when trying to make a website – whether I should pay a certain amount of money for a website or do it for free? Having a custom and short domain for your website is easy to remember, type, and access on the Internet. Moreover, you gain full control of your website (if it is only you who owns it). But, if you do not have the money to invest in a website, you can always do it for free! You will not have full ownership of the website but the activities related to it will be endorsed by you. So, let us take a look at how to create a website absolutely for free.
Making A Website Using ‘Wix’ Website Maker:
It can be tiring to find a website maker that actually makes good and efficient websites. Even if you type ‘make a website for free’ on Google, the first result you will get will be of Wix Website Maker. Let us see how you can make a website for free using Wix:
- Head over to the Wix website. Log in using a Google Account (Note – the account that you will log in will show up as the URL for your website. For this instance, you can make a new email with a custom name that you want to have).
- Next up, you are going to choose a type for your website. Will it be a Blog? A News Blog? An Art Page? A music production website? You select what you want your site to be.
- After you have selected the type, you will have to give your website a name. Think of a good name, come up with ideas, do some digging. You can still change the name of your website later after finishing the initial procedure.
- Then, the Wix ADI will take over and guide the whole set up process. It will ask you things like – do you want to connect your social media to the website? The design and theme of your website, your contacts, and address, your website name, and after all of this are done, it will make you manually approve or edit the changes in the website. You can select a logo (it is not for free though), you can buy a custom domain, do little instructive things to connect your website with Google (this will, however, require you to spend money).
- Initially, your website is going to come with some automatic posts. It looks odd so you do not want to have them. Delete them manually. You can change the theme and the outlook of your homepage as well.
- The URL for your website will be pretty long. It will be a combination of your email address, ‘wixsite’ text, and the name of your website, in this order.
FAQs About Making A Website With Wix:
Q: Will they charge us after some time?
Ans: No, they will not charge you at any point in time unless you want to purchase something yourself.
Q: Will the website expire if not used for a long time?
Ans: No, the website will stay there permanently unless you delete it.
Q: Will I be able to rank my posts on my website through SEO?
Ans: Yes, SEO is the same as any other website on the Internet.
Q: Should I buy a custom domain?
Ans: You can. It depends on how much and how you are going to use your website. If you want to establish it for the long term and earn through it, consider buying a domain.
Did You Make A Website?
Making a website has been a lot easier by Wix. All you need to do is log in, type in a couple of names, go through the setup process and it is done! It is just like any other website except for the fact that it has ‘made by Wix’ written on it. But other than that, you are good to go!